Tuesday 24 February 2009

Scambaiting!

Hi all,

Isn't it annoying when you keep getting spam in your junk filter? I know I find it extremely annoying, I know I shouldn't look but I always do, just in case it's been put there by accident.

Well the past month my junk filter has been going berserk with spam messages and it is really annoying me now! The time wasted even looking at this trash, then removing it and the annoyance that someone has hacked my email infuriates me, I do not even want it in my junk box, never mind my inbox.

What makes it worse is I am aware of these tricks and yet after receiving an email from my bank I still hesitantly clicked the link, thankfully for a phishing warning to appear so saving my bank details from being hacked in the process.

What I currently do is mark everyone of these scammers as a phishing scam, hopefully stopping these people and alerting others to the scam in the process, although I do not have a clue to the effectiveness of this technique employed.

What I used to do however when I did have a little more spare time available is play these phishers at their own game. I replied to them pretending I was their next gullible victim and carried on the conversation as long as I could to keep them busy and reduce the time they spend conning innocent victims.

Again the efficacy of this is unknown but it's always nice to get our own back on these maliciously evil people that have no ethics or morals, scamming anyone, no matter how much or little cash they have.

Here is an excellent website for anyone interested in scambaiting the spammers:

http://www.thescambaiter.com/

Cheers,

Undercover sceptic.

No comments:

Post a Comment